Monday, December 31, 2007

Santa 2007


Here's my version of Santa Claus for this year! I wanted to somewhat re-invent his look, so I was looking into something more believable, as if he was really just an old man living in the north pole. I drew a bunch of other versions, most of them way more stylized.

I was curious about the way his modern look came about, so I looked it up online... Gooooogle is the best thing ever!!! Apparently that whole myth giving full credit to The Coca-Cola Company for Santa's modern look is not true. They only popularized the look that was already cretead by Thomas Nast and Clement Clarke Moore in the 19th Century...

I was a little late for Christmas this year, but hopefully you'll enjoy it!
Happy New Year everyone!

17 comments:

Neth Nom said...

ay man... happy new years. and i like this santa much better than the one that breaks into peoples houses.. = )

Anand said...

BEAUTIFUL !!!! wanna see the other versions also...
HAPPY NEW YEAR and good luck in the years to come...!!

samacleod said...

Wow, that's gorgeous! One of the best Papai Noel's I've ever seen!

Anonymous said...

happy new year

Stefan Schumacher said...

Muchos likey-like, man!! prismacolors?

Erwin Madrid said...

Wow, these drawings are so much fun. Especially the viking lady.
Thanks for stopping by!
Did you go to the Academy of Art in SF?

Heidi Smith said...

Very unique Santa, I love it!!

Buk.kame said...

Hi, i love your art!
happy new year,

Buk.

Mukpuddy said...

Amazing!!!!

ALEXIS said...

I've just checked your website, your demo reel is awesome!!!you put so much life into ur actings! I believe i'd already seen it at the animation workshop, Rich Quade showed it to us i think. It's really impressive... Really like the sketches you make also ...
and Santa looks in good shape!
(well happy new year by the way)

XAV said...

i love this one and all yor works, keep it up man !

Emmanuel Briand said...

thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks, how do you know me i m a fan of your work and specially your work untitled viking lady tnhanks again for your comments and if you have time to , post me something directlly to my e-mail and i could answer you and give you somehing to, just a draw to laugh so so that'all folk HAPPY NEW YEAR .

Terry Song said...

HEY!!! This is good stuff, man, love the texture on his outfit...it's very much like those Christmas Ornaments - you know those ball ornaments, but NOT the glass ones, but the ball ornaments with the stringy texture

Sam Nielson said...

How have I not seen your art before!? This stuff is amazing! I'll definitely be back to see more.

orange said...

Your shapes are so fluid and fantastic sir...bravo!

Raghu G said...

very nice and interesting..!

chuck pyle said...

Guilherme, This is SWEEET! As someone who has painted MANY a Santa, I speak with authority! chuck